Friday, May 29, 2009

#14 THE PRESTIGE

The Prestige is a fantasy film directed by Christopher Nolan. The film was adapted from Christopher Priest's 1995 Fantasy Award winning novel of the same name. Its a story that follows Robert Angier, played by Hugh Jackman, and Alfred Borden, stage magicians engaging in a rivalry over a stage illusion. The rivalry starts when Alfred Borden, played by Christian Bale, accidentally kills Robert Angier's wife played by Piper Perabo, following that incident both magicians do whatever it takes to steal each others magic tricks. I love this movie because it seems so realistic, it had me thinking that all the events really happened I thought it was based on a true story when I first saw the movie. I loved everything about The Prestige, I liked how every scene had dark lighting because it made the movie seem more dramatic and mysterious. This movie had me trying to guess what would happen next, I like not knowing what is going to happen next in a movie and The Prestige is definitely not a predictable movie. It's also a movie that every one can enjoy watching. It may be a little confusing for some people though but if you watch and pay attention to every detail in the movie you might know what is going on with out having to wait until the end. I really enjoyed watching this movie because I like how at the end every question you had about what happened in the movie is answered by a quick recap of the movie. I liked all the characters in the movie because they were so realistic and the machines that Jackman's character used to do his trick was one of my favorite things about The Prestige. Every one who appreciates great movies such as this one will really enjoy The Prestige and will want to watch it more than once. The Prestige definitely lives up to its name because with all the awards it won it gained a lot of prestige. I strongly recommend every one to go and watch The Prestige because I'm sure any one who watches it will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment