Monday, April 27, 2009

#9 STAND BY ME

Stand By Me is an adventure-drama film directed by Rob Reiner. The movie is about four 12-year-old boys who embark on a journey far from where they live to go see the dead body of a boy who was killed by a train. The four main characters are Gordie, the smartest one of the four, played by Wil Wheaton, Chris, the rebel and leader of the crew, played by River Phoenix, and Teddy, the kid with a psycho dad, played by Cory Feldman, and the little fat boy the others make fun of, Vern, played by Jerry O'Connell. I think all the actors did a great job in this movie. They were all really realistic they made me believe as if their characters were real and as if I was just one of them embarking on the journey with them. I loved everything about the movie because it was such a different story, it wasn't like any other kid movie I have seen before because usually movies with kid actors are lame and don't really have an interesting plot to follow. But Stand By Me was a great movie that I really enjoyed watching although i think the end of the story could have been better because it really didn't show what happened to the other guys and I would have loved it if they had giving more information about it, it left me hanging but other than that the movie was gnarly. I thought the director made a great job in capturing the feelings of the characters in each scene. This movie is really fun to watch with your friends because it makes you think if your friends would ever be down to do what those kids did. Stand By Me is a must see movie with out a doubt one of my personal favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment